Secure your Yahoo account
Keep your information private and prevent unauthorized access to your account. Safe sign-in methods, up-to-date contact info, and good online habits help keep you secure and safe from scammers.
Use Account Key for a more secure login that doesn't require a password.
In addition to using our tools to protect your account, you play a critical role in keeping it secure.
- Protect yourself outside of Yahoo - Avoid installing malicious software.
- Visit the Safety Home - Learn how to protect your information and stay safe online.
- Sign out of public computers - Always sign out of your accounts when you're done.
- Don't fall for phishing scams - Don't click links you're unsure about, even from friends.
- Check your login activity - Check the recent activity on your account for unusual logins.
- Delete security questions - We no longer use these; remove your questions if you haven't already.
- Update your recovery information - Keep a current email address and mobile number on your account.
- Remove an abusive recovery method - If someone else has added an email address or mobile number to your account, completely remove it by clicking on the link in the verification email that was sent to you from our system when it was first added. When recovery options are removed this way, they can't be added back for security reasons.
- Delete app passwords you don’t recognize - If you've changed your account password for security reasons, make sure to also revoke any app passwords.